Saturday, November 14, 2020

They Wronged You, Julie Newmar. Thanks for Everything!

If you've got Hulu, get yer ass over there and watch the best Marvel movie of all time! That's right, I'm talking Blade with Wesley Snipes. What a wonderful non-Disneyish experience! And fuck the critics with their snotty biases against the sci-fi/fantasy genre. I'm telling you, this flick is a gem, a blood-letting gorefest inside an homage to kung fu movies inside an African American tour-de-force with absolutely ZERO pandering (yeah, I'm looking at you, Black Panther) inside what I believe to be the best cinematic iteration of a comic book character ever rendered. Snipes was the king back then; too bad he did an Inmendham-style disappearing up his own ass trick and ruined his own career a couple of sequels later. Ah well, at least he got some mileage out of his gig, unlike the aforementioned evilist sado-daddy shower curtain prophet. UPDATE: OMG! Just reading the credits and realized Traci Lords is in this movie! Cherry on top!!!

3 comments:

TGGP said...

I don't know if I'd say that it's the best Marvel movie, but it's better than Blade II, regardless of all the critics who say different just because Del Toro directed that.

metamorphhh said...

Hey, TGGP! How's it going?

So, I just rewatched Blade II, and I agree that the original is the better of the two, but I still had a lot of fun watching it. I think we can agree, though, that Trinity was the big, big disappointment. Unlike a lot of folks I didn't mind the sidekick thing too awfully much. But I felt like Snipes purposely butchered the role simply because he was such a huge dickhead at the time. I've heard he's acknowledged all this, however, so I'm hoping maybe he'll get a part in the reboot. Hey, maybe he could be the new Whistler!

Muhamad Ghozi Wijaya said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.