Monday, January 5, 2009

Approaching 10,000

I just noticed I'm fast approaching 10,000 hits to this blog. Admittedly a pittance compared to some of the big guys in this neighborhood, but still...I'm gratified. Antinatalism is far from becoming a movement, admittedly. At least in an overt way, though I sense an undertone of tacit support amongst those who dare question the rubber stamped attitude of the procreative set, if only on a personal level. And I like to think my readers make up in quality what they lack in quantity.

I'm working on a book, trying to convince myself that sentences can indeed contain less than fifty words each and still convey salient information. I'm not wholly convinced, but through the discipline of burning myself with cigarettes, succinctness has been grudgingly forthcoming. And I'm contemplating my next video, maybe this time including actual pictures and stuff. You know...video! Stay tuned.

I wish everyone a happy and fruitful 2009, knowing full well my wishes mean nothing, and that all of us will continue to suffer under the auspices of the luck of the draw. But I think my heart's in the right place. I've already cheated on all my resolutions, so I guess that's a wash. Better luck next year?

I wish!

P.S. I'll try to get back to the Benatar book soon. I mean to finish it...I promise!

No comments: